Welcome to Kiddilicious: Our series featuring quick, nourishing, and delicious recipes for kids (including fussy eaters). This series is brought to you with a dollop of love from your mom next door and curated with toppings of care by our team at Kidskintha!
Pulses are rich in micronutrients and B vitamins and beetroots are packed with vitamins and minerals. This nutritionally dense hummus is a super simple and quick recipe. We love the gorgeous color of our beetroot Hummus. We are certain your kids will enjoy it too!
WHAT YOU NEED
– 1 cup boiled chickpeas
– 1 medium-size beetroot (boiled and diced into chunks)
– 1/2 a bowl of fresh yogurt
– 3-4 garlic cloves
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– Salt to taste
– Pepper powder
– Water as needed
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
1.In a blender, add all the ingredients and give it a good shake.
2. Blend it till you get a thick paste type of consistency.
3. You can use the water from the boiled chickpeas to make it even healthier.
4. Serve with a side of vegetable sticks or pita bread.
It is a great snack and can easily be paired with a side of fresh vegetables (cucumber/ carrot/ celery/ broccoli), sticks, or pita bread. Mix it up and try it as a sandwich spread or wrap filling.
*Add chili flakes for older kids.
*Use salt for kids who are older than 1 year.
* You can make Spinach Hummus by adding blanched spinach instead of beetroot. Similarly, you can also add basil leaves for Pesto Hummus or even roasted bell peppers. All three variations taste great!
Click on the link below for another kid-friendly recipe:
Saniya Seth Nair is a finance graduate and has worked as a content writer and sub-editor with leading publications. With a 4-year-old and a 1-year-old at home, she is soaked in motherhood in all its glory! She unravels the world of parenting with absolute hands-on experience and pens down its stardom and dust and everything in-between.