Ignore those WhatsApp forwards, ‘breaking’ news, and Facebook feeds.
For the most reliable and latest information on the Corona Virus, without any of the drama and sensationalism, refer to:
“The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of this and other respiratory viruses, including the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick, and keep children home from school when they are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.”
Here’s a handy checklist to evaluate internet health information: https://medlineplus.gov/webeval/webeval.html